Wednesday, August 26, 2009

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who love Neil Diamond, and those who don't.

I really should be working on my assignment for tomorrow but I need a break. I would also like to apologize for how horribly written the entry will be. I can still feel my brain blanking as it attempts to make up for the brain-cells lost in last nights escapades.This week has been ridic and it's only Wed! Monday I went home in hopes of picking up my car from:
<span class=
only to discover that they received the wrong part and i would have to wait...no big deal really but a wasted trip home none the less. Yesterday I had class until 1:50 and somehow, by the grace of god, made to westmont in time to make the 2:42..."why trekking to the city?" you ask...it was FINALLY my buddy's 21st burfday and we headed to the Northside to watch the Cubs get smoked. After a hazy evening in wrigleyville, and the obligatory trip to the Uptown until close, I was gently awoke, early this morning, to an "axe to the forehead" hangover that only PBR can provide, and hurried to drive back to D-town in the rain with only my passenger side wiper working...needless to say it was awesome. Highlights of the evening (but not limited to):

<span class=
finally found the discontinued hat i was after

<span class=
car bombs @ Merkel's

<span class=
<span class=
Big Z's homer

<span class=
Ronnie made an appearance in the left field bleachers late in the game

<span class=
@ the Uptown

After class i returned to my beautiful bed to nurse my wounds with some hair of the dog and a nap. After inevitable waking up late i once again shagged ass to get to class on time. after sitting in front of a locked door for 40 min and frantically checking my schedule to insure i was in the right place i finally noticed that my class does not start until next week...awesome. Well thats story of my ridic week...

On a separate note (mostly because I'm not quite ready to keep working yet) here are a few songs that i think may have flown below the radar of the masses, some old and some new...

Chicago Local Flavor:

-Archie Star- "we are the weekend"
if you've been around me whilst i've had my iPod at my disposal you more than likely have heard me praise this local chicago band


-Moxxy-
I couldn't get a vid but i would recommend you peep their myspace music...i wasn't crazy about these guys at first but after a few runs through their album "Serving Strangers" i couldn't bring myself to eject the cd...
http://www.myspace.com/moxxymusic

-Janus- "eyesore"
yet another killer local band


-the fireship-
<span class=
unfortunately i couldnt find a vid for this one but it would worth your while to check em out...
http://www.myspace.com/thefireship

-Munroe-

couldnt find a vid either but if you listen to Q101 you prob have already heard of them...check out "bullet ballet"

and for a little indie flare check out
Grizzly Bear- "two weeks" off of their new album "Veckatimest"


&& a few randoms for good measure

The Crystal Method feat Matisyahu - Drown In The Now

for the love of god listen to this song!!


Jump Smokers- "don't be a douchebag"
"and that stupid kissey-face" hahaha


and last but defiantly not least, the new John Mayer release
<span class=

its an amazing cd/dvd
and while this song isn't featured on any his cd's i absolutely love it



No comments:

Post a Comment